RESERVATIONS: Courtwood Inn is an exclusive property with views from the valley to the mountains, where every guest reservation is both important and special to us. For reservations more than 10 days in advance, a payment of one night is taken when your reservation is made. For reservations 10 days or less in advance, the entire fee is taken when your reservation is made.
CANCELLATION: In the unlikely event your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation for ANY reason, the following policies apply:
If you contact us 11 days or more in advance of your arrival date, your deposit can be refunded, minus a $50 cancellation fee per room. Alternatively, you can be issued a gift certificate for the entire amount of your deposit, which expires 9 months after your cancellation date.
If you cancel your reservation for ANY reason less than 11 days prior to arrival date, there are no refunds and you are responsible for the entire cost of your reservation. Your credit card on file will be charged in full, unless the room re-books. If we re-book your room(s), you will be refunded for the reservation, minus a $50 cancellation fee per room. Alternatively, you can be issued a gift certificate for the amount you have paid, which has an expiration date 6 months after your cancellation date, less a $50 cancellation fee per room.
Rates are subject to change and vary during high impact periods. A 30-day cancellation notice is required on multiple room bookings, whole house bookings and for holidays and special events.
CHECK-IN: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM. If arriving outside of check-in times, please call or text to make prior arrangements.
CHECK-OUT: 11:00 AM.
NON-SMOKING POLICY: We are a completely Non-Smoking Property. No smoking, incense, vaping, candles, or anything with an open flame is allowed inside the inn or anywhere on the property, due to our location being in a high fire danger area.
CHILDREN: Courtwood Inn caters primarily to couples, families with older children and individuals on business looking for a respite or change of scenery.
While children are welcome at Courtwood Inn, our occupancy rules allow a maximum of two occupants per room. Children of any age are counted as an occupant. If there are more than two people in your party, you will need to book an additional room or the Australian Open room along with Mickey’s lock-off room, which together can accommodate up to four guests.
Courtwood Inn does not have high-chairs, booster seats, roll-away beds or portable cribs. Children who are 12 years old or younger must be attended by an adult at all times. Families with children 12 years old or younger, who book the Australian/Mickey’s double suite are required to have room service breakfast at no additional charge. Room service may be either 1/4 hour before or after normal breakfast time.
Where a minor is accompanied by an adult, we require the adult to agree, in writing, not to leave any minor 12 years of age or younger unattended at any time during their stay, and to control the minor’s behavior during their stay so as to preserve the peace and quiet of our other guests and to prevent any injury to any person and damage to any property. (California Civil Code Section 1865(d).) Refusal to sign such an agreement is grounds for refusing accommodations, and any failure to otherwise comply with this policy can will result in eviction, with no refund of any money paid or owing in connection with the stay.
Where a minor [i.e., a person under age 18] unaccompanied by an adult seeks accommodations, we require a parent or guardian of the minor, or another responsible adult, to assume, in writing, full liability for any and all proper charges and other obligations incurred by the minor for accommodations, food and beverages, and other services provided by or through the innkeeper, as well as for any and all injuries or damage caused by the minor to any person or property. (California Civil Code Section 1865(1)(d).)
DOG GUIDELINES: Service animals are welcome at Courtwood Inn and may stay with their handler in any guest room. Other dogs are welcome to stay with guests in our dog-friendly Davis Cup room, by prior arrangement only, which has both a private exterior ground level entrance and an entrance inside the Inn. There is a non-refundable $35 per night pet charge for non-service animals.
• Whether two legs or four, the comfort of our guests is our number one priority. Here are some guidelines that will help make this possible for all.
• We prefer that you take your dog with you when you are away from the Inn.
• If you must leave your dog in the room for short periods (2 hours or less), your dog must be confined to a crate or carrier.
• If you plan a wine tasting tour or any other non-pet activity, please arrange for boarding or a pet sitter to come to your room. Contact us for recommendations.
• All the common areas of Courtwood Inn are a pet-free (except for service animals) environment for the comfort of others.
• We are a rural non-gated property. Therefore, dogs may not be left unattended outside. This is for their safety and the safety of others.
• Potty breaks should be taken near the upper edge of the Courtwood Inn property and you must clean up after your dog. If an “accident” happens, please be respectful of others and remove it. Waste bags are available from the innkeepers.
• No Barking Allowed! Barking dogs will not be tolerated and you will be asked to board them for the remainder of your stay.
• Dogs are not to be bathed in the tub/shower. Please use the provided dog towel for dirty paws, and the dog blanket to cover the bed if your dog likes to share.
• Dog guests must be friendly, quiet, house trained, at least 12 weeks old, and in good health.
• Dogs must be vaccinated and use flea protection.
• During check-in, guests with a dog will be asked to sign our WELL BEHAVED DOG AGREEMENT or SERVICE ANIMAL AGREEMENT as a condition to having their dog on Courtwood Inn’s premises.
It is grounds for eviction if a dog is threatening people, barking, or otherwise out of control and/or creating a disturbance, and the dog’s handler does not take prompt and effective action to control it.