Murphys, CA, is home to several fantastic vineyards and their respective tasting rooms. The climate and variations in the soil make for incredible variety, and no two wineries here are alike. Below, we have outlined some of the best wineries around to help you decide where to go for wine tastings in Murphys, CA.
Once you sip your fill of quality wine, you might be wondering where you can go to grab a bite to eat or discover some entertainment. Save time planning and download a copy of our complimentary Vacation Guide for instant access to recommendations for fantastic local spots.
The Best Wine Tasting Rooms in Murphys, CA
There are several excellent wineries tucked away in Murphys, CA. You’ll find an incredible array of quality varietals, served in vineyards with stunning views or in lovely tasting rooms. You don’t want to miss out on the offerings of any of these distinct wineries!
- Brice Station Vineyards: Brice Station Vineyards are at altitudes that are among the highest vineyards in California. This has a unique effect upon the fruit from which the wine is made, but also on the lovely setting when you visit the tasting room.
- Hatcher Winery: Hatcher Winery has been making fine wines since 1990. Be sure to stroll through the lovely gardens and picnic areas on the grounds while you are here.
- Indian Rock: Indian Rock Winery grows all their grapes in Calaveras County, and has a small lake to sit beside while tasting their wines.
- Irish Vineyards: Come taste the creations from the winery that describes their wines as “elixirs to the good life.” Irish Vineyards has tasting rooms in downtown Murphys.
- Ironstone Vineyards: Ironstone Vineyards is by far the largest winery in the area! In addition to their stately tasting room, they have a museum, jewelry shop, gardens, wine caverns, and a popular outdoor amphitheatre.
- Stevenot: While their main tasting room is on Highway 4 in Vallecito, they also have a wine bar on Main Street in Murphys, CA.
- Twisted Oak Winery: Twisted Oak Winery‘s focus is on cultivating wine made from grape varieties native to the Mediterranean.
Check out these new tasting rooms in Murphys:
- Aloria: The private vineyards overlook New Melones Reservoir and the tasting room is on Main Street in Murphys, CA. They also have a sister tasting room, Above the Rush, in Vallecito where they sometimes hold special events.
- Broll Mountain Tasting Room: This tasting room is on Main Street in Murphys. Step into elegant surroundings as you sample the wines from Broll Mountain Vineyards in the private tasting area.
- Boyle MacDonald Wines: Boyle MacDonald Wines’ new tasting room is above the Sierra Nevada Adventure Company, with entrance across from the Spice Tin.
- Locke Vineyards: This tasting room is a relocation rather than a completely new tasting room. Locke Vineyards has moved their tasting room from Main Street to their onsite remodeled barn on Highway 4.
Unwind at Courtwood Inn
Our beautiful cedar log inn is in a private setting, yet is still close enough to town to be convenient. The views are stunning from our cabin, which sits atop a hill that overlooks sweeping views of the San Joaquin Valley and Sierra Foothills. Each of our rooms has a spacious deck furnished with a table and chairs, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine.
Our lovely French Open room is a wonderful place to recharge after embarking upon a wine tasting in Murphys. Natural light floods in and illuminates the warm hues of the wood floors and walls. The room is decorated in a chic, minimalistic style with a French flair. This beautiful room is on the upper level, so the views will be particularly stunning from your deck. In the morning, a gourmet breakfast will be waiting downstairs. Start your day off right and enjoy seasonal fruit, a homemade muffin or scone, and your choice of a sweet or savory entree, complete with a cup of fresh local coffee.
This is just a preview of all that we offer. Be sure to browse all our accommodations before you book your stay in California Gold Country!