It’s no secret that the best part of a vacation in Northern California is enjoying the fresh mountain air and enjoying the abundance of outdoor adventures. However, we can’t control the weather, and there’s always a chance that it will rain or be too cold to enjoy being outside. That doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! We have a collection of exciting indoor activities in Murphys, CA.
No matter what time of year you visit Murphys, California, there’s always fun waiting to be had. Take advantage of our free Vacation Guide and start planning your Calaveras County bucket list today!
Check Out These Indoor Activities in Murphys, CA
If you’re looking for the best ways to enjoy time spent indoors in Murphys, we’ve got you covered!
Wine Tasting Rooms
No trip to our area is complete without treating yourself to a wine tasting—or multiple wine tastings! Visiting a tasting room and sampling delicious local wines is the perfect day spent indoors for any wine enthusiast. The county is home to over 20 vineyards, so it’s easy to find a tasting room around every corner! Many of the most popular wineries to visit are located in historic downtown Murphys on Main Street.
Shop Unique Shops and Businesses
Shopping in Murphys, CA, is one of the best ways to enjoy the day when the weather isn’t up to your standards. The Murphys community is home to many hidden gems and unique businesses that you won’t find anywhere else. Whether you’re looking for the perfect souvenir to take home or you just want to experience something new, there’s a local boutique or business for you!
- Marisolio Tasting Bar – a shop where you can purchase and sample high quality infused olive oils and vinegars
- Quyle Kilns – a must-stop shop for pottery fans, offering shopping opportunities and workshops
- The Spice Tin – a retail store that is home to a wide range of gourmet spices, salts, seasons, and sauces from cultures from all around the globe
- Moon Alley – candles make for the best gifts, and Moon Alley’s handcrafted candles are true works of art.
Visit Galleries, Museums, and Theaters
Did you know that the Murphys area has a rich art scene? As you stroll down the tree-lined Main Street, you’ll find many stunning art galleries and charming theaters. Also, our historic gold rush town dates back to 1848, so the area is filled with museums and historical sites.
- Murphys Creek Theatre – 580 S Algiers Street, Murphys, CA
- Harbinger Gallery – 448 Main Street, Murphys, CA
- Angels Camp City Museum – 753 S Main Street, Angels Camp, CA
- Art on Main – 466 Main Street, Murphys, CA
- Sierra Nevada Logging Museum – 2148 Dunbar Road, Arnold, CA
Cozy Up in Your Room at Courtwood Inn
After you’ve spent the day exploring the best indoor activities in the town of Murphys, retreat to your cozy accommodations at Courtwood Inn. Our luxurious bed and breakfast is conveniently located near all the area’s best activities while making you feel as if you’re in your own secluded oasis. We offer an array of lodging options for every traveler, so it’s easy to find the right one for you.