Spring in Northern California is a magical time that isn’t to be missed. There’s a plethora of amazing outdoor activities to enjoy, as well as fun-filled annual events. Plus, if you stay with us at Courtwood Inn, you can experience all the best wine tastings throughout the wine country.
It’s time to plan your much-deserved springtime getaway to Murphys, CA. Download our free Vacation Guide to get the inside scoop on all the best things to see and do in the area!
Why You’ll Enjoy Spring in Northern California
When you spend spring in Northern California, you’ll enjoy magnificent weather. The season begins with cool temperatures averaging around 63 degrees. By May, the average temperature typically reaches 76 degrees. The air isn’t too hot, and it isn’t too cold, it’s perfect for enjoying outdoor activities!
- March – 63° high/38° low
- April – 68° high/41° low
- May – 76° high/48° low
One of the best parts about vacationing in Murphys is that the town is always abuzz with fun-filled annual events. No matter what time of the year you visit our charming town, you’ll find something exciting to do. Be sure to check out our Courtwood Inn website, as we often offer special rates on accommodations during popular events.
- March – Murphys Irish Day (2021 celebration indefinitely postponed)
- Celebrate the spirit of the Irish with a pancake breakfast, bagpipe parade, and a festival taking over Main Street in downtown Murphys.
- April – Taste of Calaveras (April 24th)
- This event takes place at Ironstone Vineyards and celebrates local wine, food, art, and culture.
- May – Calaveras County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee (May 13th– 16th)
- This fair features livestock shows and sales, carnival rides, entertainment, a destruction derby, a rodeo, concerts, a frog jump, craft vendors, food, and more!
Murphys is nestled among the Sierra Nevada mountains and is known for its scenic landscapes. Spring is one of the best seasons to get outside and reconnect with Mother Nature. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or a city slicker, there’s a perfect outdoor activity for everyone!
- Visit Yosemite National Park
- Explore Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Visit Stanislaus National Forest
- Go bike riding
- Spend the day at New Melones Lake
With over 20 wineries in Calaveras County, this area is a paradise for any wine lover. Here at Courtwood Inn, we offer a top-notch Wine Tasting Tour that you won’t want to miss out on. Our friendly guide will transport you to the best wineries in the area where you’ll taste award-winning varietals.
- Twisted Oak Winery
- Brice Station Vineyards
- Ironstone Vineyards
- Milliaire Winery
- Lavender Ridge Vineyard
Plan Your Spring Stay at Courtwood Inn
There’s no time to waste! Spring will be here before we know it. Book your stay with us at Courtwood Inn today. You can enjoy the season in our Australian Open Suite. This room features a private patio entrance, a sitting area with a sofa and coffee table, and an oversized bathroom with a Jason Microsilk tub. This is the place to kick back and relax this spring!