The Best Murphys, CA, Getaways: A Complete Guide for Everyone
Have you ever had the pleasure of visiting Murphys, California? This charming area sits in the central Sierra Nevada foothills between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. With award-winning wineries, to-die-for restaurants, gorgeous scenery, and endless opportunities for outdoor adventure, this town has it all. No matter what your interests are, we have the perfect Murphys, CA, getaway for you.
Have you had the chance to download our complimentary Vacation Guide? It contains local inside on all the best events, attractions, and accommodations in the area!
4 Murphys, CA, Getaways
Are you visiting our town because you want to explore some of the best family-owned wineries in the United States? Is your main priority reconnecting with your significant other? Or do you want to reconnect with Mother Nature in a new setting? Whatever your vacation priorities are, we’ve got the perfect Murphys, CA, getaway for you!
1. A Romantic Escape
There’s no need to wait until Valentine’s Day to celebrate your love. You can whisk your sweetheart away to Murphys any time of year.
- Treat yourself to a day full of pampering with our luxurious massage packages here at Courtwood Inn.
- Head into town and stroll hand-in-hand down the historic streets of downtown Murphys. You can stop in various art galleries, wine tasting rooms, and boutiques.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at Lavendar Ridge Vineyards as you watch the golden sunset over the gorgeous, landscaped gardens and vines.
- End your evening with a romantic meal at a delicious restaurant, such as Murphys Historic Hotel or V Restaurant, Bistro & Bar.
2. The Taste of Murphys
One of the best parts about going on vacation is indulging in the area’s local cuisine. After all, calories don’t count when you’re on vacation—right?! Murphys provides exceptional dining everywhere you turn.
- Start your day with a delectable, homemade breakfast at Courtwood Inn made with fresh, locally-sourced organic products. Our multi-course breakfast begins with the wonderful aroma of fresh-brewed roasted coffee. You’ll enjoy a selection of seasonal fruit and be treated to either a sweet or savory breakfast entrée, along with homemade muffins or scones. If your day requires an early start, we can provide a breakfast to go for your excursion.
- For lunch, head into Murphys and choose from one of the fantastic restaurants, such as Grounds. This neighborhood eatery serves up mouthwatering lunch choices, including a cobb salad, mozzarella chicken sandwich, southwest burger with corn salsa, and more!
- Murphys Grille is a top-notch restaurant to enjoy a lovely dinner. Located on Main Street, this charming establishment features a warm atmosphere and a covered patio for outdoor dining. Some of their most popular entrees are the filet mignon with crab cake, lemon chicken piccata, chipotle risotto, and fish and chips.
3. An Outdoor Adventure
Do you consider yourself an outdoor enthusiast? Or do you find yourself cooped up inside too often and you’re craving a change of scenery? Whatever the case is, Murphys is the perfect place to get outside and breathe in the fresh Sierra Nevada Mountain air.
- Hike trailways along the Arnold Rim Trail. Along the way, you’ll find expansive lookout points with unbelievable views, most notably the Top of the World Trail.
- Head to Calaveras Big Trees State Park and gaze at the mesmerizing giant sequoias. The park is filled with well-marked, self-guided routes, or you can sign up for a two-hour guided tour with a friendly park ranger.
- Take a day trip to New Melones Lake and fall in love with the picturesque views of the California Gold Country. No matter what time of the year you visit the lake, you can enjoy fun-filled activities, such as hiking, boating, fishing, paddle boarding, skiing, and more. Plus, it’s dog-friendly!
4. A Wine Lover’s Journey
If you’re looking to taste outstanding, award-winning wines, you’re in the right spot. Murphys is home to so many wineries and tasting rooms that it’s hard to decide which ones to try! No matter which ones you choose to visit, you can’t go wrong.
- As the oldest family-owned winery in Murphys, Milliaire Winery has been producing distinctive Zinfandels since 1983. Visit the tasting room and experience pure bliss as you sip on a glass of wine from their serene creek-side patio.
- Mineral Winery is one of the most premier family-owned boutique wineries in the area. If you enjoy a lovely Merlot, this wine aficionado’s destination is the place for you.
- Stevenot Winery has been producing well-respected wine varietals since the mid-1800s and has won several awards over the years. Visit the tasting room and try their Sparkling Rosé Wine or Classic Zinfandel.
- If you’re looking for one of the best wineries in Murphys, you need to visit Twisted Oak Winery. You can take a tour of the facility and taste exceptional wines, such as Tempranillo, Grenache, Mourvedre, and Viognier. Be sure to ask the friendly staff about the rubber chickens on-site!
- Let us do the planning for you and request our Courtwood Wine Tasting Tour Package. This exclusive package offers you a special rate on our award-winning winery tour and includes a complimentary wine/appetizer hour at Courtwood Inn. Plus, there’s no need to worry about driving to each winery with our tours—we’ll chauffeur you to each wine stop!
Stay at the Best Accommodations Murphys Has To Offer
When you’re planning your Murphys, CA, getaway, stay with us at Courtwood Inn and be treated like royalty. We offer an array of accommodations for you to choose from, each with its own unique décor and flair. Our rooms and suites can provide queen-sized beds, charming sitting areas, private patios/decks, pristine bathrooms, and more. Plus, you’ll have access to all our five-star amenities, such as complimentary WiFi, an electric car charging station, our all-day beverage bar, and of course, grand views of the California Gold Country Sierra Foothills.
It’s time to start getting excited about your upcoming getaway! Check our availability and book your stay with us today. We can’t wait to host you!